If you are an avid bird hunter, you have probably heard about the world-class dove hunting opportunities in Argentina. With its mild climate and vast agricultural lands, Argentina is a paradise for dove hunters, who can expect to shoot hundreds or even thousands of doves in a single day. But how much does it cost to dove hunt in Argentina? In this article, we will explore the different factors that influence the cost of dove hunting in Argentina, as well as some tips to help you plan your trip.
The Cost of Dove Hunting in Argentina
The cost of dove hunting in Argentina can vary greatly depending on a number of factors, such as the location, the season, the type of lodging, and the services included. Here are some of the main costs you should consider when planning your dove hunting trip to Argentina:
1. Hunting License: To legally hunt doves in Argentina, you need to obtain a hunting license. The cost of the license can range from $50 to $200, depending on the duration of your trip and the province where you are hunting.
2. Hunting Package: Most dove hunting outfitters in Argentina offer all-inclusive hunting packages that include lodging, meals, transportation, and hunting guides. The cost of these packages can vary widely depending on the level of luxury and the services included. A basic package can cost around $500 per day, while a high-end package can cost upwards of $1,500 per day.
3. Ammunition: Dove hunting in Argentina requires a lot of ammunition, as you can expect to shoot hundreds or even thousands of doves in a single day. The cost of ammunition can range from $10 to $20 per box of 25 shells, depending on the brand and the caliber.
4. Gun Rental: If you don’t want to bring your own shotgun to Argentina, you can rent one from your outfitter. The cost of gun rental can range from $50 to $100 per day, depending on the type and quality of the gun.
5. Tips: Tipping is customary in Argentina, and you should plan to tip your hunting guides, lodge staff, and drivers. The recommended tip for a hunting guide is around $50 to $100 per day, while the tip for a driver can be around $20 to $50 per day.
Tips for Planning Your Dove Hunting Trip to Argentina
Now that you know the main costs involved in dove hunting in Argentina, here are some tips to help you plan your trip:
1. Choose the Right Season: The best time to hunt doves in Argentina is from March to July, when the birds are in their breeding season and are most active. Avoid hunting during the rainy season (December to February), as the weather can be unpredictable and the birds are less active.
2. Choose the Right Location: Argentina is a vast country with many different hunting locations. Choose a location that is close to the airport, has good lodging options, and has a high concentration of doves.
3. Book in Advance: Dove hunting in Argentina is a popular activity, and the best outfitters and lodges can book up months or even years in advance. Plan your trip well in advance to ensure you get the dates and services you want.
4. Pack Appropriately: Argentina has a mild climate, but the weather can be unpredictable. Pack layers of clothing, a rain jacket, and comfortable shoes for hunting. Don’t forget to bring ear protection and shooting glasses.
5. Be Prepared for a Lot of Shooting: Dove hunting in Argentina is a high-volume sport, and you can expect to shoot hundreds or even thousands of doves in a single day. Make sure you are physically and mentally prepared for the experience.
Dove hunting in Argentina is a unique and exciting experience that every bird hunter should try at least once. While the cost of dove hunting in Argentina can be significant, the memories and the thrill of the hunt are priceless. By following these tips and planning your trip carefully, you can enjoy a successful and memorable dove hunting trip to Argentina.